See all photos
Nestled in the tranquil setting of the Rothiemurchus Forest in the Cairngorms National Park and close to Aviemore, this self-catering home is suited to families and groups looking to relax in the beauty the surroundings have to offer (not mention a multitude of outdoor activities for the more adventurous among you!). This comfortable and well-equipped home sleeps eight (plus two guests). Throughout the year, guests of all generations enjoy the comfort and design of Spey Lodge with its elevated setting in the midst of the ancient Caledonian pine forest, in the midst of the Cairngorm National Park. You can walk from the house directly into Rothiemurchus Forest to Loch an Mhor (the Lilly Loch), Loch an Eilein and beyond to the Cairngorm mountains. Unfortunately this property does not accept stag/hen groups or party groups.
The owner is happy for up to 3 very well behaved dogs to stay at the property, however a small charge will apply, please contact us if you would like your furry friend(s) to join you. Sorry, no other pets permitted.
Please note there is a refundable damage deposit of £150 required for bookings at this property, we will request payment 7 days prior to your holiday.
Bedroom 1 - King size bed
Bedroom 2 - Twin room with two single beds
Bedroom 3 - Standard Double
Bedroom 4 - Twin room with two single beds
Bedroom 5 - Twin room with two single beds
This is an open plan living and dining area with bedrooms running off the main area.
The property has a veranda which leads onto the forest, other than a few friendly wild animals you will be undisturbed.
There is a short walk from the parking area into the property. It can be accessed via the slope of the garden rather than the steps.
- From the A9 at Perth drive north; take the Aviemore turn off B9152.
- Turn right onto the B970 at the roundabout before Aviemore; the Taverna restaurant is on the left. This road is signposted to Inverdruie and Coylumbridge.
- At the Old Minister’s Guest House in Inverdruie, just before the Rothiemurchus Visitor Centre, turn right and follow the B970; this road is signposted to Loch and Eilein,Inshand Kincraig.
- After 0.7 miles, on a bend in the road just before the Boring Mill bridge and cottage, turn left; this is the driveway to Spey Lodge.
There is plenty of room for several cars at the property. The garage is not available to guests at present, so please park outside.
You are in the heart of the Cairngorm National Park very close to the Rothiemurchus Estate.
The Cairngorm National Park is a wonderful, scenic area where you can enjoy outdoor life to the full. In the winter you have a couple of ski area available and there are plenty of mountains to tackle all year around. For the younger members of the family there is the Highland Wildlife Park and the Loch Garten Nature Reserve, or they can try their hand at Go Ape.
Beautiful setting, fantastic house.
- 19 Oct 2020Spey Lodge - Secluded Home in the Cairngorms Anonymous guest
We went with a group of four people to have a weekend in the highlands. The house is really good, with many things that create a great space of holidays: projector to watch movies, everything to cook, good bedrooms, great sound system, beautiful outside spaces and it is possible to walk to many spaces from the house. Everything was clean and safe.
- 21 Sep 2020Spey Lodge - Secluded Home in the Cairngorms Anonymous guest